SMAB Bispecific Antibody Discovery Services
Bispecific antibodies have become increasingly of interest for therapeutic applications. While natural antibodies are monospecific, bispecific antibodies recognize two different epitopes either on the same or on different antigens. The 'zoo' of bispecific antibodies is populated by many different species, comprising around 100 different formats, including various engineering of antibody fragments in symmetric or asymmetric manner. Learn more »
Benefits of Bispecific Antibody
Superior Potency through
Low off-target binding reduces
Develop only 1 molecule and save 1/2 of investment in comparison with combination therapy
Concerns in Developing Bispecific Antibody
GenScript's SMAB Bispecific Antibody
GenScript SMAB(Single-domain antibody fused to monoclonal Ab) platform naturally combine the single domain antibody and the monoclonal antibody to make a bispecific antibody in symmetric format with good biological efficacy and good developability.
Thanks for the design concept of "being natural", SMAB platform has several advantages:
- Biosuperiority over monotherapy or combination treatment with novel MOA and better safety profile.
- Good developability: high yield and high concentration in formulation with desirable stability.
- Same manufacture process as conventional antibody.
What's more, the sdAb adds some unique advantages to SMAB:
- Ability to bind to "hidden" epitopes, such as enzyme, ion channels, etc.
- Flexibility for construction of multi-valent molecules by "plug and play" fashion.
SMAB Collaboration Opportunities
SMAB Bispecific Antibody Platform is available for R&D service and co-development model.
Talk to our customer service representatives for collaboration opportunities.